Edge74 celebrates its ONE YEAR anniversary today.
As we blow out the candle today, just thought it would be interesting to look back into the past and some of the things that happened back in 1974.
- Tower of London was bombed and said by Scotland yard to be "an indiscriminate attack designed to create as much trouble and injury as possible." Indeed.
- Richard Nixon became the first US president forced to resign after findings of the Watergate Scandal
- Worst Song of all time was surveyed to have produced in the year.
- Year for Movies- "The Godfather PartII," "Chinatown," "Blazing Saddle," "Young Frankenstein," proved that 1974 wasn't a pop-cultural wasteland after all.
- Muhammad Ali defeated Joe Frazier in a rematch fight and in the same year, battled George Foreman in another historic boxing event "Rumble in the Jungle"
- Evel Knievel tried to jump Snake River Canyon, failed but escaped certain death because parachute.
History and Development
- Sears Tower Chicago was completed. Leveling at 108-story, it was the tallest building in the world back then.
- TerraCotta Army dated back to 210 BC was unearthed by a group of farmers digging for a water well. Containing over 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots with 520 horses and 150 calvary horses. It was safe to say the farmers did not find any water.
- Lucy - the famous skeleton was discovered in Ethiopia, which lived between 3.9 to 3 million years ago.
The Original Edge74
- Anthony Edge was born December 30th in Blackpool, England. The Original Edge74, bringing you what is #ShapeOfThingsToCome.